Starship Inanna v2.1 update

Starship Inanna v2.1 is now available from the Update function in the main menu or via downloading from the main site.

Changes:
~Fixed a bug with David’s handjob scene in Episode 2 not showing up.
~Fixed a bug with David’s scene not working in the scene gallery.
~Cleaned up some outdated variable checks.

13 thoughts on “Starship Inanna v2.1 update

1. Jack says:

Hi,
    iยดm getting an error while starting EP:2. (the 1st one works fine)
    Tracebackfile:
    “I’m sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    File “game/script.rpy”, line 1211, in script
    File “game/script.rpy”, line 1211, in
    Exception: Couldn’t find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?”

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
    Ren’Py 6.99.11.1749
    Starship Inanna 2.1

Any clue? ๐Ÿ™‚

thanks and br,
    Jackson

1. DMD47 says:

Interesting, I’ll look into this. Did you complete Episode 1 on an earlier version or just now with the release of Episode 2?

2. Random says:

Hi MD, you wrote “Starship Inanna v2.1 is now available […] via downloading from the main site.” I guess you mean starshipinanna.com/Download – there it still shows v2.0, think you should know this. Maybe still the old version?
      Also you guys do not use a numbering scheme, downloads look similar (e.g. Starship-Inanna-latest-win.zip). If you could use something like Starship-Inanna-v2.1-win.zip, it would be easier to identify.
      Eager to try this game, looks very promising! Have a nice day.

1. DMD47 says:

Greetings,
        With Episode 3 we’ll begin doing a numbering system for the official downloads. The version on the site is 2.1, I forgot to update the page, I’ll do that now.
        DMD47

1. Random says:

Thanks, one more thing to mention. You might add a hint on the download page that Episode 2 includes Episode 1 already. For the dull ones of us pls. Looked around for first one because I thought I had to start with this, later to switch to next. Then I found out Ep1+2 are in the download. XD Will do the poll after finishing both once. Hand!

1. DMD47 says:

At one point the save location changed by accident. If you are on windows go to C:\Users\[Your Windows Profile]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy and there should be a folder called StarshipInanna where the game is looking for a file called E1A2C-LT1.save, if you have another folder called StarshipInannaX where X is a version number or something else the file may have been put there by accident and you should be able to just copy it over to the StarshipInanna folder and it should work, if it doesn’t let me know.

2. Jack says:

Wow, that fixed it.
    Indeed there was a second folder totaly messed up with some .save files.
    Just to be sure i copied all of them to the “new” folder and it worked.

Thank you and btw. love the game ๐Ÿ˜‰

cheers

3. Blue says:

I downloaded the new episode through the website but I got errors when I tried to start episode 2. So I updated the game through the update feature and nothing seems to work. I try to start episode 2 and I get the same error as above but I’m not sure what to do because E1A2C-LT1.save is already in the folder in Roaming. I’m not sure when was the last time I played but I think it was back in June or as far back as February.

Trying to reload an older save gets this error:

I’m sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    File “renpy/common/00action_file.rpy”, line 427, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)

And sometimes after an error I get this error which forces me to quit the game:

I’m sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    KeyError: u’_main_menu_screen’

The only option I really have is to restart the whole game but I’m not sure if there’s something critically wrong with my game now.

1. DMD47 says:

That one I can’t explain right now, I’ll dig into it, but if you want a fully clean game you have to delete those StarshipInanna folders in roaming and try again. But I will look into it as well. What choices were you making like what gender commander, who were you with, what did you choose at the end of episode 1?

1. Blue says:

I was male, I had saves for each character at the end if I remember correctly and I think I had saves for either outcome.

1. DMD47 says:

Greetings,
          So, I did some digging and unfortunately it appears this is a result of an update to Renpy itself, apparently after major changes save files can become incompatible. I was unaware of this complication. Your have my sincerest apologies for the trouble it’s caused. Luckily persistent variables seem to remain unchanged so in the future scene galleries will work even if the sames themselves don’t. I’ll try and be more mindful of this in the future though I can’t be putting out a game made with unstable engines… Perhaps I will do a save file creator every few episodes or so to help alleviate this problem as we progress.

1. Blue says:

That stinks. Little annoying but I have to play through the game again anyway for the galleries.

Comments are closed.